Beachwood Middle School is participating in Red Ribbon Week Oct. 22-26. Red Ribbon week is a national program that was developed to raise awareness on the adverse effects of drug and alcohol use.
During this week, the students of S.A.D.D. (Students Against Destructive Decisions) will hang posters in the school to raise awareness, hand out drug awareness prizes, present statistics on how drug and alcohol use affects students, and create themed days in support of the week.
Theme days are:
- Monday, Oct. 22: Peace out to drugs - All staff members and students will be given a sticker to wear during the day.
- Tuesday, Oct. 23: Wear Red Day
- Wednesday, Oct. 24: Shade out drugs - All students and staff will wear sunglasses during the school day.
- Thursday, Oct. 25: Reach for the stars... not drugs - All teachers and students will dress as their favorite celebrity. All outfits must be school appropriate.
- Friday, Oct. 26: Team up to stop Drugs - All students and staff will wear their favorite team apparel.
Douglas Winston, Guidance