Beachwood Middle School has a proud tradition of excellence, including state and national recognition:
- In 2008, BMS was identified by the Ohio Department of Education as one of the top 10 middle schools in Ohio.
- In 2007, Beachwood Middle School was one of two schools in Ohio honored by the National Forum to Accelerate Middle-Grades Reform, in cooperation with the Ohio Department of Education, as a “School to Watch.”
- In 2004, BMS was named a “National 21st Century School of Distinction for Technology Excellence” by the Blue Ribbon Schools of Excellence Foundation.
- In 2000, BMS became the only Ohio middle school to receive a second U.S. Department of Education Blue Ribbon Award.
- In 1999, BMS received the Harvard Business School Club’s "Excellence in School Management" Award.
- In 1993, BMS was named a "U.S. Department of Education Blue Ribbon School of Excellence."
- In 1991, BMS was named the Ohio "Hall-of-Fame" Middle School.