Beachwood Schools seeks to build a diverse staff that is reflective of the students, parents, staff, and community we serve. To achieve this goal, our district has focused on continuous review and improvement of recruitment, interviewing, hiring, onboarding, and retention efforts.
- Improve the recruitment of staff from underrepresented groups by expanding our posting network
- Expanded network of diversity centers and educational institutions
- Improved social media usage for postings
- Listserves - widen use of job posting
- Demonstrate commitment to diversifying our staff on our website
- Create a process that effectively differentiates candidates based on specific core competencies
- Screening process (Application Questions, Review of Resume, etc)
- Questions and rating during the interviews focus on Work Ethic, Relationships, Cultural Competence, and Knowledge (knowledge of the job and the technical skills necessary)
- Create a consistent interview process across ALL district hiring
- Identify and minimize the impact of biases that might benefit certain candidates over others
- Develop questions that do not unfairly benefit certain candidates over others
- Accommodate needs and be flexible, such as requests for different interview times
- Communicate to candidates clearly and repeatedly that the district seeks culturally competent candidates.