The guidance website is an informational tool in which parents and students can view upcoming guidance activities at BMS. Please click the tabs on the left for information listed on the guidance website.
Guidance Mission Statement:
To ensure that each student in our increasingly diverse district achieves his or her fullest potential in a safe and affirming learning environment characterized by extensive programming, student focused collaboration, and communication with all stakeholders. It is the goal of this department to prepare all students to excel in a global environment in the areas of career, academic, and personal/social relationships.
A school counselor is an educator who:
- Advocates for student needs
- Provides individual and small group counseling
- Works with teachers and parents to provide helpful suggestions and support
- Provides classroom guidance for every class.
- Helps in identifying academic and social/emotional needs of children.
- Helps children understand themselves and others.
- Provides information on community resources that benefit students.
- Makes referrals to outside agencies.
- Provides parents with resources and information.